SIMPLE RETAIL KIOSKS
This model is ideal for simple streaming applications and large deployments of common content – think GoPro.
MOVIE THEATER PROMOTIONS
Keep the audience interested by showing looping video of a movie trailers and concession stand specials – can’t beat a large popcorn and a drink for ONLY $12!
Get more efficient, stellar quality playback using H.265
ALL BRIGHTSIGN PLAYERS SUPPORT H.265 DECODING
- Play both 4K and Full HD content encoded with H.265
- Get half the file size and double the bandwidth and memory savings
- Achieve better video quality with H.265 vs. H.264 at the same bit rate
- Only H.265 supports 10-bit color and high dynamic range of color
IMPORTANCE OF PROPER VIDEO COMPRESSION:
- Smaller Files: Advanced compression efficiencies are gained from larger block sizes. Up to 50% efficiency gain in coding translates to lower bitrates
- Better Picture Quality: Increased intra prediction modes and higher encoding computation allows for soft blur effect rather than macro-blocking
Exceptionally smooth 1080p @ 60fps playback on all BrightSign players
SUPERIOR QUALITY FULL HD VIDEO WITH HIGHLY RELIABLE PLAYBACK
- All BrightSign players support 1920×1080 Full HD video at 60 frames per second
- Full HD content encoded with H.265, H.264, MPEG-1, MPEG-2 is supported on all players
- Provides an exceptionally smooth and crisp viewing experience
- Offers highly reliable and flawless playback
Hardware-accelerated Chromium HTML5 rendering engine brings powerful content development tools to your fingertips
HARDWARE-ACCELERATED HTML5 ENGINE ON ALL BRIGHTSIGN PLAYERS
- BrightSign OS8 offers upgraded HTML rendering based on Chromium v65
- Play industry standard HTML5 content on all BrightSign players including:
- Click here to learn more about HTML5 performance across our product lines
BRIGHTSIGN XT ENTERPRISE HTML5 ENGINE
- Play highly complex and memory intensive HTML5 content such as swipe/pinch/zoom interactive, streaming social media & multiple modular HTML5 assets at Full HD or in 4K layered together with live TV, Full HD or a 4K video.
BRIGHTSIGN XD ADVANCED HTML5 ENGINE
- Play advanced Full HD HTML5 content such as swipe/pinch/zoom interactive, streaming social media & multiple modular HTML5 assets alongside Full HD or 4K video.
BRIGHTSIGN HD MAINSTREAM HTML5 ENGINE
- Play mainstream Full HD HTML5 content in full screen or as several modular HTML5 assets alongside Full HD or 4K video playback.
BRIGHTSIGN LS ENTRY-LEVEL HTML5 ENGINE
- Play entry-level HTML5 content up to Full HD in full screen or as a modular asset alongside Full HD video playback.
Full HD video and audio IP streaming available on all BrightSign players
PLAY STREAMING MEDIA ON ALL BRIGHTSIGN PLAYERS
- All BrightSign players support Full HD IP video streaming
- BrightSign XD/XT support 4K video streams
- MJPEG and audio streaming including these formats
- HLS (the standard for public internet streaming: i.e. YouTube)
- UDP/RTP/RTSP streaming from head-end real-time encoders
- HTTP including SHOUTcast
- BrightSign XD/XT players support multiple video streams simultaneously
- BrightSign supports SRT (Secure Reliable Transport) technology on both 1080p & 4K content which optimizes streaming performance even across unpredictable networks
- Customize buffering and latency to improve media streaming performance
- Play streaming media in HTML5 assets or in BrightAuthor’s video, audio or MJPEG stream states
- Stream, buffer and play back content from IP cameras supporting the RTSP unicast streaming protocol
Enabling highly targeted audience engagement with Bi-directional communication between BrightSign Digital signage and mobile devices
BrightBeacon improves the overall digital signage experience by increasing audience engagement and creating a highly targeted, personal experience on two screens. Using Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) beacon technologies, 2-way communication between BrightSign digital signage and mobile devices is achieved and allows for the delivery of highly targeted promotions based on location as well the ability to control digital signage playback from a mobile device. The BrightSign player requires the Wireless/Bluetooth module in order to implement BrightBeacon features and capabilities into BrightSign presentations via BrightAuthor or via scripting with BrightAuthor:connected.
Unique, personal experiences with digital signage and mobile devices can be created for virtually any application
- Increase traffic to digital sign locations
- Product promotions and coupons delivered in-store
- Consumer controlled digital signage for product demonstrations, sales information and more
- Informative messaging for transportation, medical and educational applications
- Personal welcome messages in corporate and hospitality lobbies
- Interactive exhibits/kiosks in museums, attractions & entertainment
- Integrated BLE beacon technology available on all BrightSign players which is used to promote mobile engagement (requires the Wireless/Bluetooth module)
- Offers dual screen exposure on both large digital signage screen and mobile device display
- Delivers location-based mobile engagement to deliver highly targeted content based on proximity to the beacon – no batteries required
- Supports 2-way communication between mobile devices and digital signage allowing a mobile device to control digital sign playback
- Offers remotely programmable solution with multiple beacon UUIDs supported
- Works with the BrightBeacon development application template and can be integrated with 3rd party apps.
- BrightBeacon development application template: https://github.com/brightsign/brightsign-ble-commands
- Requires BrightSign players to have the optional Wireless/Bluetooth module installed or a USB BLE 4.0 dongle & a mobile application that supports BLE beacons
- For 2-way communication, a secondary beacon is required
BrightWall™ & Synchronization
Create an impressive and vibrant impression across multiple displays
DYNAMIC VIDEO WALLS WITH PERFECT SYNCHRONIZATION
Winner of rAVe [Publications] BEST of InfoComm 2016 Award
- BrightWall is a powerful drag-and-drop tool within the legacy BrightAuthor PC application that makes building looping video walls in any size and layout very simple.
- Perfectly synchronize separate videos per display or stretch a single video across all displays using the BrightSign player’s Ethernet port and a common clock.
- Build video walls by simply choosing the number of displays, specifying the configuration of the video wall and dragging the video(s) into BrightAuthor.
- The Synchronization event tool in both BrightAuthor:connected and BrightAuthor is used to synchronize the playback of multiple screens for standard video walls.
- Use this event in conjunction with interactive events to create interactive video walls.
Multiply your content delivery with multi-zone layouts
DIVIDE YOUR SCREEN INTO MULTI-ZONES TO MULTIPLY YOUR CONTENT DELIVERY
- All BrightSign players support playback multiple content files on a single screen using zones
- BrightSign XD and XT players support two video zones for dual video decoding
- Abundant content support including Full HD video, images, HTML5, Live TV, audio, text tickers, Live Text, RSS feeds, date/time widgets and more
- Control each zone using its own playlist
- Play video and audio independently
- Synchronize zones together and link to lighting and other displays to create an immersive experience
Engage your audience with interactive devices and controls
ENGAGE YOUR AUDIENCE WITH INTERACTIVE DEVICES AND CONTROLS
- Trigger playback from virtually any type of interactive device you can dream up using Interactive Playlists in BrightAuthor:connected & BrightAuthor or in HTML5
- Touch screens, barcode scans, motion sensors, RFID, UDP controls, GPIO and USB button controls, IR remote controls, serial devices, keyboards, mice and much more
- Control the show with UDP or serial controls to power and manage media playback, control AV devices such as projectors, lighting, audio systems and integrate with other show controllers (AMX, Crestron, Alcorn, etc.)
- Note: Not all BrightSign models support all interactive features that require certain I/O ports. Expanded I/O players will support all Interactive features. To ensure interactive feature compatibility, please check the available I/O ports for the specific model you are interested in.
Link to live data and media feeds to display in your signage.
KEEP SIGNAGE FRESH WITH LIVE FEEDS
Display a multitude of different live feeds within your signage that continually update automatically to keep your signage up to date without republishing your presentation
Integrate these real-time text fields to your signage and instantly update messaging without republishing the presentation. Perfect for menu board pricing, waitlists, transportation schedules and more.
Keep your signage up to date by linking to and displaying popular news, finance, weather, and sports feeds.
Twitter & Flickr Feeds
Link to social media feeds such as twitter and Flickr to keep your signage relevant and fresh.
3rd Party Schedule Feeds
Connect to virtually any database via MRSS or HTML to display up to the minute details. Perfect for flight timetables, event schedules, corporate statistics, etc.
Mobile digital signage that plays content based on your current location
MOVING SIGNAGE THAT PLAYS CONTENT BASED ON CURRENT LOCATION
- Play specific audio and/or video content when located within a defined geographical radius (requires a USB GPS device and BrightAuthor).
- Shuttles, taxis, public transportation and moving billboards: Advertise and promote local businesses.
- Tour buses and boats: Inform and educate riders with video and audio relevant to the area.
BrightSign Network Tagging
A BrightSign Network feature that brings a new level of customization to digital signage using media tags and player tags
TAGGING IS INCORPORATED THROUGHOUT THE BRIGHTSIGN NETWORK SERVICE
BrightSign Network Tagging is a powerful way to categorize content and players by adding labels for the purpose of creating and playing highly targeted digital signage presentations and more easily managing content and players. Tagging features are included with all BrightSign Network subscriptions.
BrightSign Network Tagging Features:
- Media Tagging: tag video, image or audio files with unique designations such as holidays, individual departments within a large facility, or sales pertaining to a specific day of the week.
- Tagged Playlists: build a playlist using rules to add content based on media tags.
- Player Tagging: use a “match player tags” setting to achieve a secondary level of content filtering.
- Geo–tagging: map the locations of players and cross-reference with playback logs.
Easily update messaging and interact with locally networked signage using your iOS or Android device.
THE BRIGHTSIGN APP IS FOR ANDROID & IOS DEVICES
- Broadcast commands to BrightSign players over your local network
- Easily update on-screen text instantly
- Customize the app’s user interface to match your presentation
- Access diagnostic tools & Remote Snapshot of your player
- Trigger video playback & change images via UDP commands
- Secure your displays with a password
- This app is perfect for menu board updates, retail merchandising, emergency messaging and more!
Get a sneak peek at how your signage will display
USE BRIGHTAUTHOR TO GET A SNEAK PEEK AT HOW YOUR SIGNAGE WILL DISPLAY
- Preview presentation playback in BrightAuthor before publishing
- Speed up presentation authoring by reviewing the final look of your digital signage
Get a glimpse of what your signage playback looks like.
REMOTELY VIEW AN IMAGE OF YOUR RUNNING PRESENTATION
View snapshots using:
- BSN.cloud using BrightAuthor:connected
- Control Cloud supports single real time snapshots taken on demand to see what’s currently playing from any remote location
- Content Cloud adds the support of capturing snapshots over time to monitor playback remotely
- BrightSign Network using BrightAuthor or the Web UI
- BrightSign App on a local network
BrightSign offers a wide range of networking solutions to update content and easily manage your digital signs remotely.
VERSATILE SOLUTIONS TO MEET ANY NEED
Local Network Publishing: Free solution designed for small networks. Distribute presentations and updates to BrightSign units within a single building using a LAN (local area network).
Simple File Networking: Free solution designed for small networks. Distribute presentations to BrightSign units through a web folder.
BrightSign Network: A secure, scalable and affordable cloud-based digital signage network service:
- Delivers the complete infrastructure to serve, manage and support your digital signage network.
- Scalable to any size network, allowing you to manage an unlimited number of BrightSign players on a single account.
- Frees you from the complexities of hosting and maintaining your own network.
- A secure service, offering a complete set of tools to easily manage your network
- Access the networking using the free PC-based BrightAuthor software or browser-based WebUI (accessible from any PC or Mac).
BrightSign Network Enterprise Edition: Installable software version of BrightSign Network. Allows you to host a network instance on your own servers with access to all BrightSign Network features.
Setup and deploy a multitude of players at once
B-DEPLOY IS A POWERFUL SETUP AND PROVISIONING FEATURE
- Allows customers to setup and deploy a multitude of players all at once
- Eliminates the need to save setup files to an SD card and duplicate the SD card for every player in the network
- B-Deploy can be used with BSN.cloud, BrightSign Network, BrightSign Partner CMS, or on premise secure corporate LAN
How It Works:
- Upload a batch of player serial numbers and player setup instructions using B-Deploy
- Power up players for automatic setup:
- Players connect to B-Deploy for instructions
- B-Deploy applies the assigned setup to the players
- Assigned presentation is downloaded & playback begins
Embrace the power of HTML5 to create unique multimedia video walls with ease.
HTML-BASED VIDEO WALLS THAT SUPPORTS MORE THAN JUST VIDEO
AutoWall includes a BrightAuthor Plugin Kit that allows users familiar with creating HTML5 content to build video walls that automatically scale to the number of players connected and supports a wide array of multimedia content including video, images, tickers, live feeds & HTML5 widgets.
- Landscape multimedia video walls with HTML-based layouts
- Automatically scales based on the number of players/screens in the wall
- Frame accurate synchronization & support for interactivity via HTML
- Video content is populated from BrightSign Network Dynamic Playlists or MRSS feeds
- Multi-screen ticker option with content populated from BrightSign Network or RSS feeds
- Support for any publishing method (Local File Networking, BrightSign Network, etc.)
AutoWall Plugin Kit (beta version)
- Includes the AutoWall plugin, a template BrightAuthor project and HTML files
- Requires BrightAuthor v188.8.131.52 or higher & firmware v184.108.40.206 or higher
- Supported on all Series 3 and Series 4 BrightSign players